Graphical boot with grub2

Bernd Eggink monoped at sudrala.de
Mon Nov 19 13:46:09 UTC 2012

Hi all,
has anybody successfully configured a graphical grub-2.00 boot in Crux
2.8 - with a nice background image, a correct font and all? I gave up
after 2 days of experimenting and approx. 100 reboots. Either I got an
image, but with an ugly frame around it (the font missing the line and
corner characters), or I got a text mode menu anyway.
I also spent some time in searching the web for a grub2 documentation,
but it seems that any good documentation about grub2 is automatically
Ubuntu-specific.
So if anybody has such a configuration, I'd appreciate if he could send
me his grub.cfg and etc/default/grub. - Thanks in advance!

Greetings,
Bernd

--
http://sudrala.de