Crux 32 bit future

Juergen Daubert jue at jue.li
Thu Apr 11 07:43:12 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 09:43:36PM +0200, Fredrik Rinnestam wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 12:28:27PM -0500, Sean Hinchee wrote:
> > Are there plans to keep a 32-bit branch updated or alive? Same goes
> > for the i585 version of Crux, is it going to be updated or
> > maintained?
>
> The core crux-team consists of three persons. The simple fact is that
> none of the three of us have the time and energy to maintain a platform
> that we do not use ourselves.
>
> We are very open to someone else stepping up to maintain it in a similar
> way x86_64 was maintained before 3.0 was released. However nobody has
> yet shown interest.

As a first starting point I've created the repo at [1] two months
agao.
It's an overlay and contains the most important ports that differ
between i686 and x86_64. The ports are currently in sync with CRUX
3.0 but we need ports for pkgutils, prt-get and ports here too.

Note: I have no plans to update the repo for a long time nor to
build a bootable image for i686 or i586.

To use the repo download i686.httpup from [2] adjust /etc/ports,
pkgmk.conf and prt-get.conf.

HTH and best regards
Juergen

[1] https://github.com/fjaell/i686