CRUX 3.0 in the cloud (EC2)

James Mills prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
Mon Apr 15 08:11:56 UTC 2013

Thanks Chris! Awesome job and notes!

cheers
James

Sent from my iPad

On 15/04/2013, at 18:09, Chris Kruger <chris.kruger at gmail.com> wrote:

I've made the AMI public. It's ami-f695f39f and it's called
khi.crux3.0.x86_64

You will need to run it using a paravirtualized boot kernel which allows
you to run the custom kernel. Using the ec2 command line tools the command
would look like

ec2-run-instances -z us-east-1c -n 1 -t t1.micro -k ec2-keypair --kernel
aki-b4aa75dd ami-f695f39f

Note in particular the kernel you will need to 'preboot' with aki-b4aa75dd

Just replace the availability zone, instance size and ec2-keypair you want
with your own preferences. Login as root with the same ssh-keypair you
specified. It's ssh-key login only. Anyway if you use ec2 it's all pretty
standard apart from kernel you need to initially boot with.

Chris K.