Using Compton, lightweight X11 compositor, in XFCE

Predrag Ivanovic predivan at open.telekom.rs
Mon Dec 2 16:16:42 UTC 2013

On Mon, 02 Dec 2013 15:55:18 +0100
Rex wrote:

>Actually, XFWM's compositor seems very similar to Compton's (shadows on
>windows etc.) and it works perfectly for my netbook with no screen
>tearing when I'm playing videos or using transparent terminals
>(GMA3150, xf86-video-intel).

I agree that it works fine on a netbook (OpenSuse on HP Mini 110 here),
but on a 23' FullHD monitor compton is more fluid than xfwm,
with Nvidia binary blob, anyway.

Maybe it's a placebo effect, maybe not ;)

>Compton may be useful for Openbox, but XFCE's compositor is just fine
>for XFCE. Check your xorg.conf or xorg.conf.d, people. ;)

Would you mind pasting your xorg.conf, and/or any special settings
that you use?
Mine is rather minimal, Xorg JustWorks[tm] these days :)

>P.S.: Peđo, pozdrav sunarodniče!

Cao, covek (osisana latinica, nikako da se setim da namestim :) )

Pedja