prt-get footprint mismatch ask-option?

Johannes Winkelmann jw at smts.ch
Sun Mar 17 11:32:57 UTC 2013

Hi Sebastian,

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 9:50 AM, <me at sebastian-bechtel.info> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when I do a bigger prt-get action (like sysup) and a footprint mismatch
> occurs, the command exits. Often I don't notice it and when I look for my
> prt-get to see whether it has finished, I see, that it had stopped after
> the first package or something like this :-(
>
> I think the footprint checking is a good thing, but I also think, it would
> be better to handle it different. Exit on mismatch or use -if are both not
> really the best solution I think.
>
> My preferred solution would be to have a beep when a footprint mismatch is
> recognized with a continue y/n question to decide what to do.

I think Danny and Jürgen already covered a better way to cope with the
problem you see, however if you still feel playing with your idea of having
an interactive prompt you can easily do that by writing a wrapper for
pkgmk, checking for the error code indicating a footprint mismatch, and
then asking the user what to do. You can then configure prt-get to use your
wrapper as 'makecommand' as shown in Danny's mail. This way, you can have
the behaviour you want without changing any of the existing tools.

HTH, Johannes
--
Johannes Winkelmann
jw at smts.ch