gcc and updates of packages in core

Cédric grandspas at opmbx.org
Sun Apr 12 18:12:39 UTC 2015

Hello,

I tried to build zathura and gimp and it didn't work. But if I try with
gcc 4.9.2 I can build them without a problem. I still don't know crux
very well, but I'm almost sure it's
related to the release cycle of crux but I can't find the information.
So my questions are:

- When a new version of crux is released, some collections are updated.
  I think core, opt and xorg. Other ones ? And before the release, the ports are not
updated, only if there is an update in the same branch. I mean gcc has
been updated from 4.8.3 to 4.8.4.
- If my assumption is right, what is the best option when a package in
  core need an update ? To write a local port ?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Cédric