Contrib repository licensing

jonesd at xmission.com jonesd at xmission.com
Sat Apr 25 02:53:36 UTC 2015

The core/opt scripts are libre (GPL v2, if I recall correctly).  It
appears that contrib may be an open question.

I'm not sure whether any of the software that the scripts install (the
ports themselves) are non-libre in the strictest sense.  I noted one
package (Mesa, perhaps, but I don't remember) that, as installed by
its script in ports, might be patent encumbered in some jurisdictions.

Dominic Jones