/usr/share/man as man prefix

Willy Goiffon willy at mailoo.org
Sun Dec 13 14:43:22 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

I've noticed a lot of packages in crux 3.2 still make use of /usr/man as
the manpage directory, even though it's supposed to be /usr/share/man
for 3.2 installations.

To get the list of these packages you can use this command:

	find /usr/ports -name .footprint -exec grep 'usr/man' {} + | cut -d: -f1 | xargs dirname | sort | uniq

That's more than 500 ports, which is a lot seeing how easy it can be
fixed.

This is not a *real* problem per se, as you can still access the pages,
but I though it would be nice to see it fixed.

I fixed it on my personnal ports by running:

	find -type f -exec sed -i 's|usr/man|usr/share/man|g' {} +

I didn't run into any problem so far.

thanks for reading, cheers!

--
Willy Goiffon