Firefox in CRUX 3.2 has not icons

Fredrik Rinnestam fredrik at rinnestam.se
Tue Dec 29 21:54:42 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 08:10:25PM +0000, Wawrzek Niewodniczanski wrote:
> On 29 December 2015 at 17:38, Fredrik Rinnestam <fredrik at rinnestam.se> wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 05:30:04PM +0000, Wawrzek Niewodniczanski wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Firefox in CRUX 3.2 doesn't have any icons in the interface. For
> >> example there is no folders icon in bookmars toolbar and I see
> >> following error message:
> >>
> >> (firefox:659): Gtk-WARNING **: Error loading theme icon 'folder' for
> >> stock: Icon 'folder' not present in theme hicolor
> >
> > Make sure you have all the gtk3 dependencies installed and that you have
> > run the pre/post installation scripts for these ports.
> >

> I see gtk3 with all dependencies installed. I checked what ports have
> install related scripts and it seemed to be dbus, glib and gtk3. Two
> later scripts are identical, former one is rather not involve in the
> problems. I ran all of them anyway. Still the same error message.
>
> Wawrzek
>
> PS. The way I checked what port in gtk3 dependency tree has install script:
>
> for i in $(prt-get depends gtk3| awk '{print $2}'); do prt-get info
> $i; done| grep -B 9  install| grep Name
>
> Waw

I just installed firefox in a clean 3.2 vm - no issues. You must have
missed something along the way. Have you configured any gtk2/3 themes
previously?
You do have hicolor-icon-theme installed, right?

If you still cant get it to work you might want to try to configure gtk
and icons with a program like lxappearance (you can find it in the
portdb)

--

Fredrik Rinnestam