Crux on Microsoft Surface Pro?

Matt Housh jaeger at morpheus.net
Fri Jan 9 01:19:33 UTC 2015

On 1/7/2015 13:02, Don Cupp wrote:
> That one is likely UEFI only. I don't think that CRUX has all the parts
> for UEFI yet, and like myself, is not likely to buy a signing key to
> make that work.

They are indeed UEFI-only. CRUX does have the necessary stuff for that
(gnu-efi, efibootmgr, grub2-efi/syslinux/elilo) but you'll need to
disable secure boot in windows before trying to install any Linux on it,
most likely.

I'm not aware of any CRUX users running it on the surface but I imagine
much of the information from the Ubuntu installs will be relevant.

Cheers,
Matt