CRUX-ARM running on a BeagleBone Black

Fredrik Rinnestam fredrik at rinnestam.se
Sun Nov 8 15:46:47 UTC 2015

On Sun, Nov 08, 2015 at 04:16:21PM +0100, Víctor Martínez wrote:
> El 05/11/2015 19:02, Bernd Eggink <monoped at sudrala.de> escribió:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> Hey Bernd,
>
> > I just ventured to install CRUX-ARM on my BBB, expecting all kinds of
> > problems... but there weren't any! I only had to add sshd to the
> > SERVICES, as thre is neither a keyboard nor a display attached. I'm very
> > happy, thanks to the maintainers for the good work!
> >
> Thank you very much for the feedback and info provided. Glad that things go as expected  on an unnofficial device :)
>
> > The first `prt-get sysup' (including a gcc update) ran for about 24
> > hours, but that could be expected. There was only one glitch: The
> > 'libpcre' port misses the dependency 'automake'. It compiled well in the
> > 2nd run.
> >
> I've took a fast look into libpcre issue and it isn't an overlayed port, this means it should be fixed upstream in CRUX (may be adding a bug in flyspray can help to avoid other people this problem).

This is not a bug and it is sort of intentional. We only list linked
core-ports in the dependencies. If we listed everything the dependencies
would soon be *very* long. For instance more or less all crux ports
depends on "make" but its not listed anywhere. Same with basic stuff
like a shell (/bin/sh) etc.

We are assuming that the core ports always are installed.

--

Fredrik Rinnestam