[ANN] CRUX 3.2-rc3 available for testing

Fredrik Rinnestam fredrik at rinnestam.se
Sat Nov 14 13:20:58 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 09:26:03PM -0600, Antonio Hernández Blas wrote:
> Hi Juergen.
>
> Thanks for the explanation and your tests. The only thing that I can ask at
> this moment is, how often are *those* packages recompiled? and it wouldn't
> make more sense to force the use of dash with *just* the packages that take
> more time/resources?

Well since we are a source-based distribution, every time you upgrade
something. As Juergen said, if you have bashism in your scripts -
shebang it to #!/bin/bash!

I have to say I'm surprised by the short memory people seems to have. A
year ago everyone wanted to get rid of bash due to a few security holes
and now everyone seems to love it again :-)

> In any case I'm going to be more careful with my own local ports :-)

Good practice anyways :)

--

Fredrik Rinnestam