[ANN] CRUX 3.2-rc3 available for testing

Antonio Hernández Blas hba.nihilismus at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 01:50:34 UTC 2015

Hi Fredrik.

Sorry but I'm a ksh/mksh user since some years ago, so I'm not in love with
bash ;-)

My only concern is with a program/library, that using auto*/libtool, relies
on some bashism. That is the reason to be more careful :-)

One could say that bash is the standard shell in Linux, just like for some
people vim is the standard editor.

On Sat, Nov 14, 2015 at 7:20 AM, Fredrik Rinnestam <fredrik at rinnestam.se>
wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 09:26:03PM -0600, Antonio Hernández Blas wrote:
> > Hi Juergen.
> >
> > Thanks for the explanation and your tests. The only thing that I can ask
> at
> > this moment is, how often are *those* packages recompiled? and it
> wouldn't
> > make more sense to force the use of dash with *just* the packages that
> take
> > more time/resources?
>
> Well since we are a source-based distribution, every time you upgrade
> something. As Juergen said, if you have bashism in your scripts -
> shebang it to #!/bin/bash!
>
> I have to say I'm surprised by the short memory people seems to have. A
> year ago everyone wanted to get rid of bash due to a few security holes
> and now everyone seems to love it again :-)
>
> > In any case I'm going to be more careful with my own local ports :-)
>
> Good practice anyways :)
>
> --
>
> Fredrik Rinnestam

Antonio Hernández Blas | Oaxaca, México, Mx.
https://github.com/nihilismus | https://bitbucket.org/nihilismus |
https://twitter.com/nihilipster