tmpfs as /mnt install question

Steve Volumetric volumetricsteve at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 04:07:29 UTC 2016

I'm all but certain I got the /dev mount line right, but I won't know until
I can get to my research machine again for another..nearly 18 hours.

You'd of course be right about /etc/passed and /etc/shadow, I almost never
deal with user accounts and thus confused what I was looking at.  Good
catch.

I'm glad I got it working on my thinkpad though, that at least dispels my
theory it was somehow tmpfs related.  I MUST have done something wrong in
my setup on the big machine...

Thanks for the replies