Too afraid to try Crux, too nice to forget

B B b771d90f at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 07:13:56 UTC 2016

On Sun, Dec 4, 2016, 05:25 David L. Craig <dlc.usa at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 16Dec03:1616+0000, B B wrote:
> > What kind of distro do you consider Crux is?
>
> Upgrade.  Each release of CRUX, accompanied by a new installation
> ISO, provides a new build toolchain, and can be update-installed
> on existing systems.

So, by upgrading regularly, any problem will be on my own? No surprises on
official packages not matching between each other?

Is there an easy way to install packages in another directory, like Kwort
has?

I see that Crux based distros are not mentioned on wiki. Do you know more
than those mentioned on distrowatch? - Kwort, Thinstation and Nutyx