Too afraid to try Crux, too nice to forget

willy willy at mailoo.org
Wed Dec 7 15:06:12 UTC 2016

> On Mon, Dec 5, 2016, 09:51 z3bra <willy at mailoo.org> wrote:
>
> > B B wrote:
> >
> > > Is there an easy way to install packages in another directory, like Kwort
> > > has?
> >
> > None that I'm aware of. I use another package manager for that.
> >

> What package manager?

My own: http://z3bra.org/pm. I package programs myself and install them under /usr/local. I never tried, but I'm pretty sure it could handle crux packages by default, as all it does is uncompress the package under $ROOT, and keep track of what's installed in $ROOT/var/pm/<pkg>/files.

pkgadd probably already handle this though.