Porting

Mitchell wodach wodachm at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 15:45:10 UTC 2016

Hello CRUX community,

I'm having trouble understanding the porting guidelines. Specifically
the listing of dependencies.
What i don't understand is the second bullet point of this guideline.
Could i have some more examples and dose it only apply for deps in
core or do I  apply it to all runtime deps? Even if they are in opt
etc...?

core' contains essential packages for a CRUX system, and our scripts
and ports expect the programs provided by 'core' to be installed; this
means that

build dependencies provided by core are not listed in the dependency header
run-time dependencies from core which aren't dynamically linked in are
not to be listed, either

Thanks,
Mitchell