getting curious about multi-core tasking

Steve Volumetric volumetricsteve at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 22:09:35 UTC 2016

Hey everyone,

I'm about to set up a server (minecraft, sorry) and what I'd like to do is
ensure consistency of service, even if it's at the cost of a performance
hit.

My thinking is, if I can get crux to boot up...some way, maybe it could
launch and lock all things brought up at system-startup-time to say...core
0.  As far as many services would be concerned, they'd be on a single core
system.

With my other 5 cores, I'd like to designate each core to a particular
world, and this is done fairly easily, but my real question is up above.

Can I get crux to relegate its services to a single core consistently?  If
not one, maybe two?

Thanks