getting curious about multi-core tasking

Steve Volumetric volumetricsteve at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 22:33:23 UTC 2016

Yes, I should have used that phrasing in my question, and I see all that
(I've already emailed myself a few of the links you provided) thanks for
those anyway.

My concern/question is more...can I get crux to do that to itself on
startup...or really, maybe a better way of describing what I would like to
do is have 4 of my 6 cores untouched by whatever automatically schedules
jobs so I (and only I) can manually set affinity to jobs on those free
cores as I choose.