getting curious about multi-core tasking

Steve Volumetric volumetricsteve at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 17:32:41 UTC 2016

ALCON,

thanks for your replies, of all solutions offered, it looks like isolcpus
gets me the closest.

I read up on isolcpus and it seems like it will partition off cores away
from automatic spawing of userland threads, which is...close enough to what
i want.  i did read, however that kworker threads will continue to spawn
across all cores.  this makes me wonder how it might work in my case
though.

if java instances are running on 4 cores, and kworkers can spawn anywhere,
isnt all the work being done in java eventually going to end up in a
kworker..and therefore just running anywhere?

maybe ill just have to do some testing and see what happens