[ANN] CRUX 3.3-rc1 available for testing

Xavier zaz.colmant at free.fr
Thu Dec 22 17:54:06 UTC 2016

On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 07:32:47PM -0600, Matt Housh wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> The CRUX team is pleased to announce the availability of a first release
> candidate for the upcoming CRUX 3.3.
>
> Please note that this is a release candidate, NOT the final release.
> Please test it if you have a chance and report any problems you find to us!
I installed it in a VM and ran it with qemu.
It works fine. I performed an update via prt-get sysup and noticed the
nicer output for warnings and errors from gcc...

I did after that a big install of all the ports I have on my current
CRUX 3.2. I had a few signature mismatch errors (new feature of CRUX
3.3)...
The only ports from opt / xorg which failed to build are: qt4,
spidermonkey and clisp. If needed, I can post the log files.

It seems CRUX 3.3 is almost there.

Congratulations to the team.

If I have some time I will clone my current CRUX on a spare partition
and perform and upgrade (I never tried this).