[ANN] CRUX 3.3-rc1 available for testing

Xavier zaz.colmant at free.fr
Thu Dec 22 23:23:26 UTC 2016

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 07:28:19PM +0100, Fredrik Rinnestam wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 06:54:06PM +0100, Xavier wrote:
> > I did after that a big install of all the ports I have on my current
> > CRUX 3.2. I had a few signature mismatch errors (new feature of CRUX
> > 3.3)...
> > The only ports from opt / xorg which failed to build are: qt4,
> > spidermonkey and clisp. If needed, I can post the log files.
>
> I've sent a patch to the qt4 maintainer (sepen) last month. Attaching it
> for your reference

Thanks, I was able to extract the patch after some tweaking and qt4
built properly. I then installed Scribus which was the thing wanting qt4.

After modifying the kernel configuration, I built krb5 followed by
libreoffice and samba without problem.

Gimp had build properly but failed to start due to a missing
'machine-id' in /var/lib/dbus. I rebuilt dbus (which was coming from
the iso) and the problem was solved.

Next step I will launch chromium compilation overnight. After that, I
will probably recompile most of the stuff which came from the iso.

Basically, I have all the tools I need to work with CRUX 3.3, and it's
fast even from a vm...

Thanks again.