[ANN] CRUX 3.3-rc1 available for testing

Xavier zaz.colmant at free.fr
Sat Dec 24 15:03:29 UTC 2016

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 06:54:06PM +0100, Xavier wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 07:32:47PM -0600, Matt Housh wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > The CRUX team is pleased to announce the availability of a first release
> > candidate for the upcoming CRUX 3.3.
> >
> > Please note that this is a release candidate, NOT the final release.
> > Please test it if you have a chance and report any problems you find to us!
[snip]
> If I have some time I will clone my current CRUX on a spare partition
> and perform and upgrade (I never tried this).

I did the upgrade on a cloned partition of my CRUX 3.2
It worked extremely well.

I tested a bunch of unrecompiled programs (for example: gimp, scribus,
chromium, vlc, ...). They all worked.  I had to recompile urxvt which
was complaining about a missing perl library to make it start.
As Window managers, I used openbox and dwm.

I'll keep working from CRUX 3.3 for a while as my /home is on a separate
partition...

Thanks,

Xavier