chromium sync not working

manu maraku at gmx.com
Thu Jul 21 04:57:32 UTC 2016

Actually, the chrome 'sync services' aren't available because the Pkgfile in
opt/chromium doesn't build with api keys. You can generate/build with these keys
using the following instructions[1]. I believe there's also an option to provide
the keys at runtime. That should fix your problems with syncing.

Here's my Pkgfile[2] for chromium. It's heavily based on the arch PKGBUILD, but
uses my own api keys and enables some other things widevine and flash.

BTW, the readme of opt/chromium also has warnings about the lack of features due
to Google API access in the NOTES section.

1 http://www.chromium.org/developers/how-tos/api-keys
2 https://github.com/maraku/crux-ports/tree/master/chromium