Is it okay if I compile the kernel with the default config?

manu maraku at gmx.com
Tue Aug 1 05:07:12 UTC 2017

A config file that is 'guaranteed' to work would have a large number of options
enabled. This results in a kernel that is larger (modules + bzImage size) and
less 'lean'. This will also take a *long* time to build. If the crux iso booted
properly for you and all you want is enabled (ethernet interfaces and the such),
then you can grab the kernel & the modules from the iso and put it in your new
installation.

However, I'd recommend configuring your kernel to only have what you want. This
will take less time to compile and will take less space. You also get to learn
about some neat features in the kernel after poking around (like ASLR for
security).

Have fun!

Manu