Announcement: prtpkg Overview Document

David L. Craig dlc.usa at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 13:18:10 UTC 2017

I've been developing a set of dash and gawk scripts for over
a year to ease my use of ports, prt-get, and pkgutils and have
reached the point of sharing what I've been up to with the
CRUX community. j_v's encouragement pushed me to start this
process, which led me to developing an overview document that
I finally put up at http://dlcusa.net/CRUX_prtpkg_Overview.pdf
for folks to check out.  I found myself doing a lot of blue sky
thinking and documenting so we all will have an idea of where
its currently heading.  I expect that to change as people look
at it and how they might use it themselves and how it would
have to change for them to do that.  I'd prefer we have any
discussion right here for the time being.  In particular I am
curious what onodera or anyone else makes of it in relation to
his new prt package that I referenced in the overview.  Of
course corrections of errors are encouraged, too.

Now for some sleep!
--
<not cent from sell>
May the LORD God bless you exceedingly abundantly!

"So the universe is not quite as you thought it was.
 You'd better rearrange your beliefs, then.
 Because you certainly can't rearrange the universe."
__--from_Nightfall_by_Asimov/Silverberg_________________