Thanking for help

Xavier zaz.colmant at free.fr
Thu Feb 16 21:12:45 UTC 2017

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 07:50:21PM +0100, Giorgio Cittadini wrote:
> Hi All, I'm migrating from Gentoo and ArchLinux to Crux-3.3. No problem
> as regards installation, forced as far as KF5 frameworks, plasma-meta,
> and applications. Many things do work nearly well, but I do not succeed
> to set italian language: in Gentoo, for example, I install kde-l10n and
> then I choose the language through systemsettings, but in Crux I don't
> find the package. How to proceed?
I might be wrong, but if I understand correctly, you need to setup the
keyboard for Xorg.
One way to do it is to create a file in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d named
someting like: 20-keyboard.conf
In this file you need to set your keyboard to italian. See below a copy
of my 20-keyboard.conf file:
-----
Section "InputClass"
    Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
    Driver          "evdev"
    Option          "CoreKeyboard"
    Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"
    Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"
    Option          "XkbLayout"     "fr"
    Option          "XkbVariant"    "oss"
EndSection
-----
The important line is the next to last one where you would need to put
"it" instead of "fr".