installing iptables

Anthony LaTorre tlatorre at uchicago.edu
Sat Jan 14 20:29:21 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to CRUX, so I don't have a lot of experience with the
package system or compiling kernels. I am trying to get iptables
installed, and was wondering if there is any documentation for how to
get this to work on CRUX.

I have installed the iptables package, but when I try to run it I get
the following error:

# iptables --list
FATAL: Module ip_tables not found.
iptables v1.4.12.1: can't initialize iptables table `filter': Table
does not exist (do you need to insmod?)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

I assume this is because I have not compiled my kernel with the
correct options. I found a list of kernel options to get iptables
working here: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Iptables.

Is this all I need to do? Is there a kernel module that I also need to
install separately from the iptables CLI program?

I am running CRUX 2.7 with Linux 2.6.39.4.

Thanks,

Tony