CRUX Boot fails from Ubuntu Grub2

Steve Volumetric volumetricsteve at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 17:43:38 UTC 2017

If your goal is to dual boot, i might not be able to help you.  If you're
trying to just set up a bare-metal crux system, your grub install process
must be wonky, though, all I do is:
(appropriate fstab changes)
grub-install /dev/sda
(compile kernel, make modules_install, make firmware_install, cp System.map
/boot/, cp arch/x86/boot/bzimage /boot/vmlinuz-1)
grub-mkconfig > /boot/grub/grub.cfg
reboot

I don't think I'm missing anything critical there as far as just being able
to boot is concerned...