CRUX Boot fails from Ubuntu Grub2

Dan Kociela dkociela at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 15:50:38 UTC 2017

Keeping things simple is a matter of personal preference. On my desktop
computer, I have Crux, SourceMage, Void, Gentoo, Arch, and Windows10 on 3
disks, a SSD and 2 HDD's (and I've tried many others). They are all booted
from Grub Legacy (Grub1) which is located on the Gentoo distro. I have
never had a problem booting anything. I have never used a separate boot
partition. The 2 HDD's have at least 10 different partitions. Four of the
Linux distros have custom kernels, I've never used "make firmware_install".
If you plan on re-partitioning in the future (maybe to try another distro),
id'ing your partitions with UUID probably makes sense. Device names can
change, UUID's do not. That being said, I have always used device names.

Good luck, glad you got it installed. Crux is my favorite.
Dan