[ANN] CRUX 3.4-rc2 available for testing!

Xavier zaz.colmant at free.fr
Tue May 8 11:00:10 UTC 2018

I cloned my Crux 3.3 and did an update to 3.4-rc2.
It worked perfectly for me. The update did skip a locked package
(poppler) -- a feature I wasn't sure about.

I used the upgraded system for 2 days. It also worked perfectly. I ran
all the major applications I use. I did ports -u, prt-get sysup, revdep
and another serie of updates...

I also unlocked poppler and recompiled cups-filters and texlive. I did
have a problem recompiling texlive despite the patch, but it's unrelated
to the upgrade (I solved the problem by putting -fpermissive in CFLAGS.

Thanks again,

Xavier