Help request related to crux-3.4 and mate

Giorgio Cittadini giocitta at gmail.com
Mon May 14 11:12:21 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I have an absolutely perfect crux-3.4-rc2 MATE installation in my first
PC. Today I'm trying a new installation in a similar PC using
crux-3.4.iso file. No problem at all while installing the OS, but when I
try to install MATE from mhoush mate collection I find a difficult (for
me!) problem: only the first two packages are installed, and I'm stopped
at the third, p5-xml-simple-2.22-1, getting this message:

WARNING: Signature not found, creating new.
/usr/bin/pkgmk: line 377: '.signature.tmp': Permission denied
rm: cannot remove '.signature.tmp': No such file or directory
ERROR: Creating signature failed

If I try to install through "pkgmk -d -i -if", I get the message:

ERROR: Footprint mismatch found:
MISSING root/rootᅵ usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.24/
NEWᅵᅵᅵᅵᅵᅵ root/root usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.26/

Problem: I tried to downgrade perl to 5.24.4, but it was impossible.

Someone can help me? Many advanced thanks.
Giorgio Cittadini