Help request related to crux-3.4 and mate

Fredrik Rinnestam fredrik at rinnestam.se
Mon May 14 12:31:17 UTC 2018

On 2018-05-14 13:12, Giorgio Cittadini wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have an absolutely perfect crux-3.4-rc2 MATE installation in my first
> PC. Today I'm trying a new installation in a similar PC using
> crux-3.4.iso file. No problem at all while installing the OS, but when I
> try to install MATE from mhoush mate collection I find a difficult (for
> me!) problem: only the first two packages are installed, and I'm stopped
> at the third, p5-xml-simple-2.22-1, getting this message:
>
> WARNING: Signature not found, creating new.
> /usr/bin/pkgmk: line 377: '.signature.tmp': Permission denied
> rm: cannot remove '.signature.tmp': No such file or directory
> ERROR: Creating signature failed

seems like the repo is not signed. you can pass -is to ignore that.

> If I try to install through "pkgmk -d -i -if", I get the message:
>
> ERROR: Footprint mismatch found:
> MISSING root/rootᅵ usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.24/
> NEWᅵᅵᅵᅵᅵᅵ root/root usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.26/

we switched from perl 5.24 to 5.26 in 3.4. This means all perl ports
will need to have their footprints updated. Passing -if should ignore
the footprint. You probably never actually passed -if during the actual
build.

> Problem: I tried to downgrade perl to 5.24.4, but it was impossible.

Don't do that :-)