Crux from scratch

Matt Housh jaeger at crux.ninja
Tue May 15 23:52:31 UTC 2018

On 5/15/2018 17:50, Jesús Camacho wrote:
> Greetings to the CRUX comunity!
>
> I think it is an old question, but can I build Crux from scratch using
> the sources?

When you say "from scratch", how close to bare metal do you mean?

If you're starting from another Linux distribution, sure, you can do
this. You'd use the static pkgutils [1] from the installation ISO and
the ports trees from the crux server. Create a chroot or use a new drive
or partition, install pkgutils on the host system, and you're off to the
races.

If that's not what you meant, give a little more detail and maybe we can
help.

Regards,
Matt

[1]