Crux from scratch

Alan Mizrahi alan+crux at mizrahi.com.ve
Wed May 16 02:40:58 UTC 2018

On 2018-05-16 09:35, Jesús Camacho wrote:
> I want
> also to port it to i486 because we have 3 Pentium 4 and we can not
> replace it now.

Hi Jesús,

Pentium 4 is more advanced than i486, it could even be 64-bit capable.

So find out exactly what processors you have, if all of them are 64-bit
capable, use the standard ISO.  Otherwise build one for i686 (not i486).

I'm running CRUX on some 32-bit machines, I had to create new ports for
glibc, gcc, openssl, python and maybe others.

I have published ports for openssl and python in my personal repo, since
they work for both 32 and 64 bit cpus. The other ports could be harmful
if used in a 64-bit machines, so I didn't publish them - I can send them
to you if you want, but they are a bit outdated.

Regards,

Alan