After exiting Xorg, I get a blank screen

Neoklis Kyriazis nkcyham at yahoo.com
Mon May 28 09:34:04 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I am trying to install crux-3.4 (first time user of crux) and although I managed to solve various issues I came across, I have this show-stopper I could not fix:

When I exit Xorg (starting with exec openbox-session or just exec xterm in xinitrc) I end up with a blank screen instead of the console and both keyboard and mouse don't work. Unfortunately this means I can only recover by a hard reset since I cannot poweroff. I use startx in the console to start the xorg/openbox desktop. My installation was with the standard core, opt and xorg collections selected in the installer.

I would appreciate any hints on where to look for errors on my part or other causes for this.

My thanks in advance.

--
Best Regards
Neoklis - Ham Radio Call:5B4AZ