After exiting Xorg, I get a blank screen

Neoklis Kyriazis nkcyham at yahoo.com
Tue May 29 07:03:01 UTC 2018

Hi
I managed to get a more informative Xorg log, by using an xterm to issue a "reboot" command, rather than exiting openbox. This apparently allowed Xorg to close normally and at the end I have this report:

[   283.284] (WW) xf86CloseConsole: KDSETMODE failed: Input/output error[   283.284] (WW) xf86CloseConsole: VT_GETMODE failed: Input/output error
[   283.284] (WW) xf86CloseConsole: VT_ACTIVATE failed: Input/output error
[   283.284] (II) Server terminated successfully (0). Closing log file.

Also, when I try "setfont" in the console, it fails with this message:
putfont: KDFONTOP: Invalid argument

The font I requested definitely exists. I have the same problem if I specify the font in rc.conf, so do I possibly have a problem with some ioctl() commands?

--
Best Regards
Neoklis - Ham Radio Call:5B4AZ