Good 3.4 release and question about binary packages and steam

Wawrzek Niewodniczanski main at wawrzek.name
Tue May 29 07:28:48 UTC 2018

On 26 May 2018 at 16:05, Fun Nier <just.the.real.fun at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, May 26, 2018, 03:38 Wawrzek Niewodniczanski <main at wawrzek.name>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I also wonder if you have suggestion on how to distribute  built
>> packages onto another machine (in home network). Anyone using pkg-get
>> or another tool.
>

> You can patch pkgmk or change its behavior by adding code to
> /etc/pkgmk.conf. See https://crux.nu/bugs/index.php?do=details&task_id=1410
> for both cases.
>
> I have used the pkgmk.conf way before building my own packaging tools.

That's look like as a very good idea. Going to try it at (and
document). Started to think how much it might cost (probably
bandwidth) to provide such services for community.

Wawrzek

--
Dr  Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański    or Wawrzek for short
  PhD in Quantum Chemistry  & MSc in Molecular Engineering
   WWW: http://wawrzek.name E-MAIL: jobs at wawrzek.name
      Linux User #177124