[notify] firefox: updated to 63.0

Hazel Russman hazeldebian at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 23 16:25:33 UTC 2018

On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 14:39:14 +0000
crux-request at lists.crux.nu wrote:

> [notify] firefox: updated to 63.0
>   firefox 63 will be the last firefox version released by me.
>    Starting from firefox 64 I will replace firefox with the official
> binary build.
>    This will have multiple advantages:
>    We will avoid the endless buildtime horrorshow that has forced us
>to depend on stuff like rust, clang and starting with firefox 64:
> nodejs, which was my personal breaking point.

Hurray! I broke with source-based FF a few weeks ago, when the most
recent rust update came through. Rust is another huge download and I
have bandwidth restrictions. So I just removed FF and all its build
dependencies, went to the Mozilla site and downloaded it from there. It
will be nice to be able to do the same thing using prt-get. After all,
we do it for Libreoffice and JRE, don't we.
--
If any members of GCHQ are reading this, shame on you! I fought for
your right to belong to a trade union and now you are taking away my

H Russman