useradd, where is de bashrc?

Fredrik fredrik at rinnestam.se
Tue Sep 10 11:31:40 UTC 2019

On 9/10/19 11:22 AM, M.W. van der Grient wrote:
> Hello readers of the crux-mailing-list,
> I wonder why there is no bashrc file created after this command:

Hi

> useradd mwvandergrient -g mwvandergrient -G audio,video,lp,scanner -s
> /bin/bash -d /home/mwvandergrient

Nothing in that command would create a ~/.bashrc

> There is also no skel directory in /etc/. Am I missing something?

Yep, you have not placed stuff there! :-)

CRUX is a very minimal distribution with regards to things like this.
While stuff like debian, ubuntu, fedora would do lots of stuff
automagically in a situation like this - crux will not. And it's by
"design". You are obviously free to add a skel dir with the desired
content if you want.

/f