contrib/postgresql port triggers revdep

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Sat Aug 14 20:57:33 UTC 2021

Markus Heinz wrote in
 <5bafe02fa7f810b05876d5b2a14c5994.squirrel at webmail.tu-dortmund.de>:
 |> On 14.08.2021 00:00, Markus Heinz wrote:
 |>>Does someone have an idea how to fix this?
 |>
 |> I do have an idea how to fix this cosmetic problem:
 |> sudo echo "/usr/lib/perl5/5.32/linux-thread-multi/CORE" >
 |> /etc/ld.so.conf.d/perl.conf
 |
 |I can confirm that this file resolves the issue.
 |
 |> It would be nice if this could be handled in core/perl directly instead,
 |> so I hope that Matt and/or Jürgen could add it accordingly.
 |
 |I'd appreciate it too if the core/perl port gets updated accordingly.

But normal that is not, ne?  Placing such libraries in a generic
public library search path, that is.  Where would that end?

Normally one uses a script like krb5-config, pkgconfig or how
those are called, or whatever, when you have such.  No?
I just wonder why postgres does not do that automatically, when it
links against perl.

--steffen