Replacement for abcde

Wawrzek Niewodniczanski main at wawrzek.name
Sun May 2 18:45:07 UTC 2021

On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 at 20:50, Erich Eckner <crux at eckner.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Apr 2021, Wawrzek Niewodniczanski wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> Hi Wawrzek,

Hello Erich

> > What would you suggest as a replacement for abcde (something to
> > transfer music from CD to flac files). Ideally with a Crux port.
>
> I use cdparanoia + flac for that - it's a two-step process and it's quite
> crude, but it works. (Not sure, how "integrated" abcde is: Does it
> autmagically fetch the track names from some database?)

Thanks for advice. I might try it in the future. For now, I decided to
resurrect the abcde port and added it to my port collection.

https://wawrzek.name/crux/repo/

Wawrzek

--
Dr  Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański    or Wawrzek for short
  PhD in Quantum Chemistry  & MSc in Molecular Engineering
   WWW: http://wawrzek.name E-MAIL: jobs at wawrzek.name
      Linux User #177124