[Clc-crux64] curx64: AWAKE!

Thomas Mausbach t.mausbach at netcologne.de
Fri Jul 16 13:28:37 UTC 2004

Hey,

I think there is more activity needed on this ML.
I'm interested in getting some CRUX 64bit only system, but I realized its a
hard way. So I want to do some first step and be able to run some
closed-source AMD64 optimized software with CRUX at 32Bit.
Is it correct if I say I just need to get a x86_64 kernel with 32Bit
support?
I did the following:
	- got the 2.6.7 kernel sources
	- applied the x86-64.org 2.6.7-2 patch
	- searched google how to (host is 32bit): didn't find much, just the
following link
http://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/1314/21/debian-amd64-howto.html
	- did 'make HOSTCC="gcc -m32" ARCH="x86_64" menuconfig'
	- configured kernel
	- did 'make HOSTCC="gcc -m32" ARCH="x86_64"'
	- got following error:

	SPLIT   include/linux/autoconf.h -> include/config/*HOSTCC
scripts/conmakehash
	HOSTCC  scripts/kallsyms
	CC      scripts/empty.o
	cc1: error: code model `kernel' not supported in the 32 bit mode
	make[1]: *** [scripts/empty.o] Error 1
	make: *** [scripts] Error 2
<<<

If it works I will go more in depth and try to get a 64/32bit system and at
the end I hope a 64bit only one :D

AWAKE LIST, AWAKE!

PS.: If you want crux64 (as me), talk to me on IRC (nick: hulahub), peraps
we can solve some problems this way...

---
Thomas Mausbach