[Clc-crux64] curx64: AWAKE!
t.mausbach at netcologne.de
Fri Jul 16 13:28:37 UTC 2004
I think there is more activity needed on this ML.
I'm interested in getting some CRUX 64bit only system, but I realized its a
hard way. So I want to do some first step and be able to run some
closed-source AMD64 optimized software with CRUX at 32Bit.
Is it correct if I say I just need to get a x86_64 kernel with 32Bit
I did the following:
- got the 2.6.7 kernel sources
- applied the x86-64.org 2.6.7-2 patch
- searched google how to (host is 32bit): didn't find much, just the
- did 'make HOSTCC="gcc -m32" ARCH="x86_64" menuconfig'
- configured kernel
- did 'make HOSTCC="gcc -m32" ARCH="x86_64"'
- got following error:
SPLIT include/linux/autoconf.h -> include/config/*HOSTCC
cc1: error: code model `kernel' not supported in the 32 bit mode
make: *** [scripts/empty.o] Error 1
make: *** [scripts] Error 2
If it works I will go more in depth and try to get a 64/32bit system and at
the end I hope a 64bit only one :D
AWAKE LIST, AWAKE!
PS.: If you want crux64 (as me), talk to me on IRC (nick: hulahub), peraps
we can solve some problems this way...
More information about the crux64