[Clc-crux64] Re: Crux64

Jochem Kossen jkossen at xs4all.nl
Sat Jun 5 19:51:59 UTC 2004

On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 01:41:03PM +0200, Markus Ackermann wrote:
> I've run Per's Makefile for CRUX on SuSE 9.1 but it didn't compile all
> packages... missing from base are

> bin86
This one is specifically coded for x86, and makes some x86-a-like
assumptions. Other distributions didn't even try to create a patch, and
just built a 32bit version. Don't know how we should solve this one
here...

> binutils
This one has a wrong url, change gnu/ to gnu/ftp/gnu. It'll build with a
different footprint. (some x86_64 files added)

> gcc
Wrong URL, change gnu to gnu/ftp/gnu (but this one's outdated, 3.3.3 is
in crux 2.0 stable, there, the url is fine)

> db
> glibc
> lilo
> net-tools
> perl
> slocate
> sysklogd
> tcsh
> traceroute
> util-linux

Looking at these now...

> If someone has time to find out what's wrong with them on AMD64 please fix it
> and let us know (with a modified Pkgfile, patch, whatever...).
>
> See attached my notes on what I did.

The checkout you made seems to be out of date (binutils, gcc, ...). For
convenience, i've put up a tarball of a cvsup checkout of Per's CRUX
2-0-0 CVS repository.  The only things i changed are the s/i386/x86_64/
in the Makefile, and an updated binutils footprint. You can find it at
http://jk.yazzy.org/crux.tar.gz (about 10 MB)