[Clc-crux64] Re: Crux64

lsantil at dslextreme.com lsantil at dslextreme.com
Fri Jun 11 21:00:48 UTC 2004

Hi all,

Ok.  I verified the patch from  compiles bin86 on my Red Hat AMD64
install.  I still have a to turn in my take-home exam on Monday and I
might not be able to work on Crux64 all that much over the weekend.  I'll
try to look into the following non-compiling pkgs when I get a chance (and
probably others; my run of Markus Ackermann's build steps is still going):

Under base/
bin86 (fixed with Jochem's patch), binutils, db, gcc, glibc, lilo,
net-tools, perl, slocate, sysklogd, tcsh, traceroute, util-linux

Under opt/
cdrtools

Binutils should be easy to fix.  I compiled it once on Gentoo AMD64 2004.1
and I just need to sit with it for a while.  The others may be just
footprint issues (lib vs. lib64).

BTW, you can check any progress reports I make on my blog at
http://lpsantil.spymac.com/blog/.  You can also post comments and
suggestions there ('write comment' link in the upper-right corner).

Louis