[Clc-crux64] Re: Crux64

Doan Vu chronic_tautologist at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 12 01:07:09 UTC 2004

>Jochem:  gcc built "out-of-the-box" with Per's make file.  It probably
>used some 32-bit-ish options.  Could you send me your patch anyways (I
>wasn't registered to the list yet when you sent it).

Hey. You said you used Jochem's bin86 patch already, and he's only sent 2
patches, so the one I've attached must be the one you want.. I hope.

About building Crux.. I had a quick look at Per's Makefile and saw words
like bootstrap and stageX that reminded me of building Gentoo. I'm not a
Makefile expert, but the file is easy to read and decipher. Would I be right
in saying that building Crux basically entails "make bootstrap" and then
trying to fix up the compile errors associated with x86_64? I'd like to give
this a go after the exam period when I'm hibernating.

One more thing.. Jochem's Crux tarball doesn't contain the contrib
collection - according to the Makefile, bootstrap will try to do "all
collections", so wouldn't it complain about the missing contrib?

God speed fellas :)

FOXTEL Digital - Your ticket to cinema at home:
http://ad.au.doubleclick.net/clk;7718915;9123289;x?http://www.foxtel.com.au/Campaign/channelchoice.html