[Clc-crux64] Re: Crux64

lsantil at dslextreme.com lsantil at dslextreme.com
Fri Jun 25 05:10:32 UTC 2004

> On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 01:07:09AM +0000, Doan Vu wrote:
[SNIP]
> Yep, forgot about them :(
>
> Here's the list of ports from base which don't compile with me:
> 	db
> 	lilo
> 	sysklogd
> 	tcsh
> 	traceroute
>
> I don't have time to look at them this weekend un fortunately. For lilo,
> Marcus sent in a mail containing a patch, but it's a big patch,
> untested, and looks dirty IMHO, although i'm not that experienced in C.
>
> lsantil says db compiles without the C++ API, but i don't think that's
> acceptable unfortunately...

Any status updates?  In any case, I think we would be ok if we were just
able to mkisofs a CD that boots (currently, Crux 2.0 doesn't boot [crashes
at the CD-ROM driver for some reason; need to look into it; it might be
the NForce3 mobo chipset...hmmm] on the new AMD64 3000+ desktop I just
finished building for a cheap $600 USD).  Looking at the list above, only
lilo and sysklogd I think are critcal (Apache has a dependence on db).
tcsh and traceroute might be nice to have but I wouldn't call them
necessary.

I'm gonna be at the Apple Developer Conference next week but I should have
plenty of free time to do some work on Crux64.

Louis