[Clc-crux64] Getting started.

Martin Rehr martin at rehr.dk
Fri Jun 25 11:34:56 UTC 2004

Hi.

I have a bit of trouble getting started with crux64.

I downloaded the source code which you provided me with Pedja, thx a lot.

I took a look into the make file and as far as i can see the only thing which
is told to be x86_64 is the kernel.

I have tried gentoo amd64, but I booted on a livecd with 64 bit kernel
installed and the gcc compiler with 64 bits support.

In my crux 2.0 the compiler does'nt support 64 bit ( -m64 flag )

If someone could provide me with the few basics steps to get goinging i would
be thankfull.

Shall I start with a make bootstrap?

How and when shall i tell the compiler to shift to 64 bit ?

Thanx in advance.

Regards.
	Martin