crux-amd64 iso (Was: Re: [Clc-crux64] newcomer) [RESENT]

Johannes Winkelmann jw at tks6.net
Mon Apr 4 11:03:33 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 23:08:13 +0200, Lars Helmer wrote:
[...]
> but unfortunately the boot wasn't all successfull. i got
> messages something like this:
> VFS: Mounted root (ext3 filesystem) readonly
> [something unimportant]
> The system is coming up. Please wait.
> can't create lock file /etc/mtab~467: Read-only filesystem
> (use -n flag to override)
> [the same again but with ~472 instead]
> swapon: cannot stat /dev/sda5: No such file or directory
I've experience the same error (I sent an email earlier on, but due to
the problems with the mailing list, it didn't get through).

Anyway, I think this is because you left 'sysfs' and 'proc' in your
/etc/fstab. See the README for udev for more information, including Han
Boetes fix for this:
  http://clc.morpheus.net:6999/clc/getfile/clc/udev/README?v=1.6

Kind regards, Johannes
Johannes Winkelmann              mailto:jw at tks6.net