crux-amd64 iso (Was: Re: [Clc-crux64] newcomer) [RESENT]

Jeremy Jones jeremy at samnjack.com
Tue Apr 5 21:24:33 UTC 2005

ok, for the sake of simplicity, i'm rebuilding as close to an exact copy
of 2.1rc1 as i can right now.  using per's ports for 2.1rc1 i686, with
some modification where necessary -- this one'll be strict crux, i.e.
nptl, devfs, kernel 2.6.11.6, etc.

also, i'm building this iso using a pkgmk wrapper script i've whipped
up: pkgmk64.  basically, what it does is looks for
Pkgfile.x86_64, .footprint.x86_64, .md5sum.x86_64, and .nostrip.x86_64
in the port directory; if it find's any of those, it copies the original
w/whatever args you pass to pkgmk64 (i.e. -f -d -u), then copies all the
files back to their original states.

so, for instance, if i have a port directory with:

Pkgfile
Pkgfile.x86_64
.footprint
.footprint.x86_64
.md5sum
.nostrip

calling "pkgmk64 -d -u" in that directory does this:

cp Pkgfile Pkgfile.orig
cp Pkgfile.x86_64 Pkgfile
cp .footprint .footprint.orig
cp .footprint.x86_64 .footprint
pkgmk -d -u
cp Pkgfile Pkgfile.x86_64
cp Pkgfile.orig Pkgfile
cp .footprint .footprint.x86_64
cp .footprint.orig .footprint
rm *.orig

not really elegant, but it allows me to keep all the vanilla crux stuff
untouched, and just mess with what needs to be changed to work for
x86_64.

at any rate, this otta be done by the end of the week (working on this
off & on) and should be quite a bit more straightforward (and less
sloppy) that what i've done with this arch so far.